Payment policy for Sydney Cooking School (SCS)
Payment is to be paid in full to secure a seat in one of our cooking classes. You will not be confirmed unless full payment has been made. Once you have paid in full, you will be booked for your chosen class. All prices include GST.
Please note all purchases made through the website to SCS are non-refundable and non-transferable to another class date unless previously discussed with SCS.
SCS accepts payments through their website using PayPal. SCS also accepts all major credit cards which can be used online via our website using Secure Pay for added security. We also accept cash and direct deposits.
Pre-purchased gift vouchers are also regarded as payment. To book a class with a pre paid gift certificate you can book online using your voucher number for payment.
When your booking is complete and processed successfully you receive an automated email. This is your booking confirmation. Should there be any problem with your payment we will email you within in 48 hours.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
SCS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class for reasons concerning SCS. If a class has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding SCS, all students will be notified within 48 hours of the class commencement date, and the option to reschedule to another date, or full refunds provided.
In the event a student needs to cancel a booked class, cancellation more than 7 days prior to the date of the class, the option to reschedule to another class is available (subject to availability within that class). Cancellation of a class up to within 7 days and up to 4 days prior to the scheduled class, a $45 fee to reschedule the class shall apply. A cancellation of a class within 3 days of the scheduled class, the full amount of the class will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available. The class is transferrable to another person and cancelling participants can send someone to take their place. In December: the cancellation of any function or class for December will be non-refundable.
A minimum of 6-8 participants is required to run a scheduled class. In the event that minimum numbers are not reached, Sydney Cooking School reserves the right to reschedule the class. In the event that the class is rescheduled, participants will be notified as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours before the class.
Attending a Class
General Terms and conditions when attending SCS
- RIGHT TO REFUSE: SCS holds the right to refuse a student to attend a class if the instructor feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: When participating in a SCS class/dinner/event, where by the student/participant will be around or using sharp and potentially dangerous tools suitable to a kitchen environment, the student releases, indemnifies and excludes Brett Deverall, The Chef store Pty Ltd and its employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting SCS. The student/participant understands these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when they make a full payment for a scheduled class/dinner/event.
- START TIME: Classes run by SCS will start on time. We advise students to arrive 10 minutes early to minimise the chance of missing any of their lesson time. If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as SCS instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for every late student.
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: SCS will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class/event/function. SCS is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If a student does happen to leave an item in class, the student has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise SCS will donate it to charity.
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF SCS PROPERTY: The student or function organiser may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of SCS property during the class/event/function. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SCS: Should SCS be unable to provide for your class or function due to circumstances beyond the control of SCS, SCS is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
- WEBSITE: This website is owned and operated by Sydney Cooking School. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.